Pearl Beach Neighbourhood Watch
Please be aware be aware in the last 8 weeks we have had an alarming increase in house break ins, car thefts and car break ins. Please observe and report to the above phone numbers any suspicious behaviour.
Here are some quick and easy ways to protect your home from potential break-and-enter offenders
* Secure your home, garage and sheds with quality locks Always lock up valuables and equipment. Consider installing a high quality alarm.
* Don’t give burglars a place to hide Keep plants trimmed and avoid solid fences so that your doors and windows are visible from the street
* Make sure your valuables aren’t visible Conceal valuables such as wallets, keys and computers, so they’re not visible from the outside.
* Lock up outside Lock all gates. Repair holes in fences that provide access to your property. Lock your electricity meter box to prevent tampering with your alarm or lighting.
* Always lock up when you leave Always lock accessible doors and windows even if you’re just going out for a few minutes. Never leave fire doors, balcony doors, garage doors or other doors open.
* Avoid leaving natural ladders around your property Remove items that can be climbed to access second storey balconies and windows.
For more information and home security advice, click here to download the March 2012 Neighbourhood Watch Newsletter – march nhw newsletter Revised